Life has a funny way of working out. Just when you think you have it all figured out. BAM.
Turns out we didn't need to go on an adventure for Wilson's birthday because we are going to be moving soon, like in the next 4-6 weeks...
The Smiths are relocating to Maryland. Goodbye gorgeous, sunny, warm, west coast and hello rainy, beautiful, seasonal, east coast. It is going to be one amazing adventure. The drive across the United States should be fantastic.
Chris reports to MD on Monday and I am meeting him on Wednesday to begin our house hunt (my dad is coming to watch the kids). We hope to find something quickly to get the process moving along rather quickly. We have discussed waiting until the end of the school year to move; however, we feel that it is best for the kids to move before. We feel that it will be better for Wilson to be the only new kid at school for the last few weeks of school rather than being one of many on day one in the fall. This should allow him to make some new friends and get comfortable with the staff and his new school campus. Plus, this will allow Nora the opportunity to see the school and get acquainted with the campus as well (since she will be starting kindergarten next year).
I love CA!! The weather is amazing. The schools are fantastic. The people are even better. This area has helped me become the woman I am meant to be, and has helped reinforce what God has called in my heart. I have grown and blossomed here. I have a rich network of phenomenal women that I am fortunate to call friends, and I will miss them dearly. dearly.
With that being said, I am excited for our next adventure. I am looking forward to meeting more amazing people, and allowing them to influence my life in positive ways. I am also very grateful to be within 6-7 hour drive to our families in Ohio.
Life is what you make and we are making it great. We are happy, excited, and looking forward to the next chapter of our lives.
Here comes our 8th state of residence.
1 comment:
I highly agree with being the new kid at the end of the school year! Ashlyn was the new kid just at the end of Pre-K when we moved here. It made the transition so much easier. She had an amazing teacher who had the whole class excited about getting a new student. The girl who is still her BFF asked her to be best friends within two weeks. It was much better than having a summer of not knowing anyone.
Post a Comment